One of my greatest hobbies I enjoy outside of work is listening to a song I wrote, or helped arrange, come together with the inspiration of my fellow band members. Their collaboration to create the final arrangement, and the life the song takes on in that process, is what I enjoy most about the creative process of music and the final on-stage result. I met my wife through music. Jill was a local singer/songwriter that started out listening to the tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin with her Dad, when she picked up her 1st guitar in high school and began writing her own music inspired by her poetry and journals that she kept. Just how everyone starts, she played for friends then eventually open-mikes, then to her 1st paying gigs. Jill and I met in college at one of her weekly gigs in the stockyards in Ft. Worth and I was instantly struck at the raw simplicity of her music. We began to perform gigs together, with me playing back-up guitar and from there formed a band and started writing music together. Oh, and we got married amongst all that too! Now with two kids we still try to find time to write music after the kids go to bed, perform here and there, and still play the occasional wedding circuit! I thought I would let y'all know what we do in our spare time because we will be releasing some new material that we are currently recording from our little home studio that we finally put together. Sunday, February 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment