There is something about how words can be put together that can soothe and calm someones fears or lead an army to battle that fascinates me. I guess that is why I appreciate thought provoking quotes. Here are a few by one of my favorites, the self taught Abraham Lincoln (I assume that is why there has been more than 15,000 books written about him):"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle"
Oh, and he was the first president to wear a beard...at the urging of a letter written by an 11-year old girl.

No comments:
Post a Comment