On the summit of Mt Democrat, CO (14,148 ft) taken in June '10 Nikon D90 f/10 1/250sec ISO-200 18mm


Monday, May 30, 2011

My Inaugural Memorial Day Ride with "W"

I will never forget Memorial Day 2011. Joining the secret service and President George W. Bush for a 14 mile plus mountain bike ride was not only an experience, but also a privilege. He was a great and experienced cyclist that cleaned everything on the ride who kept a steady unyielding cadence on one of DORBA's finest trails. I knew he was an avid mountain bike cyclist, I just didn't know I would get not only a chance to meet and have a nice chat with him, but also ride with as he called it..."Peloton One!" (A "peloton" is the field or main pack of riders that stay closely grouped together during a race.)

His cycling socks have the Presidential seal on them

1 comment:

  1. how very cool is that......i love george w.......you should of traded socks with him....did he know you were a famous dental sales rep? huh? did he?

    ReplyDelete